Image taken TCD MS 525, f. 46r (Register of the Priory of All Hallows, Dublin). Courtesy of the Board of Trinity College, Dublin

Admission free. All welcome.

Click here for a printable PDF
version of the symposium poster.

Details of last year's:
Medieval Dublin Symposium 2010

FRIENDS OF MEDIEVAL DUBLIN
13th Medieval Dublin
Symposium
2011

Robert Emmet Theatre (Room 2037),
Arts Building
Trinity College, Dublin

Saturday 21 May 2011
09.30 Registration and opening remarks
Seán Duffy
09.40 The discovery of the longphort at Linn Duachaill: implications for Dublin
Mark Clinton & Eamonn P. Kelly
10.30 Trinity College Library: manuscript sources for the history of medieval Dublin
Ellen O’Flaherty
11.10 Tea & coffee
11.30 Excavations at nos. 63-64 and 59 Thomas Street/Vicar Street, Dublin 8
Judith Carroll
12.10 Mayors, merchants and maidens: the men and women of Bristol in medieval Dublin
Grace O’Keeffe
12.50 Lunch
14.00 St Mary’s abbey and precinct, Dublin
Geraldine Stout
14.40 Rivers and industry: the archaeology of the Coombe bypass / Cork St. realignment
Alan Hayden
15.20 Tea & coffee
15.40 The sheriffs of the medieval county of Dublin
Áine Foley
16.20

Dublin’s oldest industrial site? The excavation of a Hiberno-Norse milling complex at Chapelizod
Claire Walsh

The symposium is the leading forum for the presentation of cutting-edge research on the history and archaeology of medieval Dublin.

The symposium is open to all members of the general public at no charge. There is no need to book a place or to register in advance. Please just come along on the morning of the symposium and take your place in the lecture theatre. Tea and coffee are provided free of charge.

For further information, contact Professor Seán Duffy:
sduffy@tcd.ie or telephone (01) 896 1368.